Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany (November 2011 – February 2012)
Consultant for the development of community music, database, website, and seminar
The Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts, UK
Programme Leader for the Integrated MA
- From 2003-05 I led a team in the development and validation of a part-time integrated arts MA. At the heart of this programme was a commitment to practice and research in performance. The degree consist of 4 interrelated programmes, Community Music, Performing Arts Education, Dance Theatre Practice, and Contemporary Theatre Practice, each shared a number of core courses. The programme was launched in 2005 and by 2008 there were around 60 students across the degrees. To date around 25 have graduated.
Programme Leader, Community Drama 2005 – 2008
- I led the development of this new undergraduate programme alongside Matt Smith. This was launched in 2005 the same time at the Integrated MA.
Programmer Leader, Community Arts (Music, Drama, Dance), 2001 – 2005
- In 2001 I led the department in a re-validation of the Community Arts undergraduate degree. Changes were made included the addition to dance as a discreet major.
Programme Leader, Disability Arts, 2001 – 2003
- In collaboration with North West Disability Arts Forum (NWDAF) the community arts team designed, validated and ran an innovative course aimed at perforating artist with disabilities.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), UK QAA
- In 2002 I led my department successfully through the institutional QAA inspection. The QAA checks how UK universities maintain their own academic standards and quality. They review and report on how they meet their responsibilities, identify good practice and make recommendations for improvement.
University of the Arts, Philadelphia, USA
- Between 2004-05 I worked alongside a team from UArts in a trans-Atlantic curriculum development project. Our aim was to create opportunities for students to take courses either at LIPA or UArts. From our effects LIPA and UArts have formed a partnership that consists of student and staff exchanges twice a year.
Irish Academy of World Music and Dance, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Between 1999 and 2001 I was the director of the MA in Community Music. This included the writing of all course materials, community placement supervision, guest lecturer organization, teaching, and final project supervision.
University of Durban, Westville, South Africa
- During February 2000 I was invited to UDW to work with local partners to develop a community music programme in local townships.
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
- I have had an active relationship with UW for around 10 years now and in 2009 I was invited to contribute to the development of their proposed community music course.